Tuesday, February 15, 2011

We are drip free!

Shhh......hear that? You don't? GOOD!!! That's the sound of faucets not dripping. I spent today traveling to town getting shark-bite connectors, good quality valves, and stainless steel hoses. Put this all together with some PEX tubing and got those drips stopped. One sink went perfectly, the other still leaked up at the top so I took it apart, cleaned it, installed a new O-ring and- miracles!!!- stopped the leak. I feel so...so... useful! Special thanks to Chance for showing me the shark-bite ropes.





























If you've never used shark-bite connectors, they are a Godsend. They connect to anything- PEX, polybutyl gray pipe, copper pipe- and just snap in place and you're done. They remove easily with a ridiculously simple tool. I couldn't believe how easy they were. And PEX is good stuff, too. It's an expandable clear hose that installs with a special spreader. It's flexible, clear (so you can see your water), tough, easy to work with.... just great stuff.

After doing this, I worked on a couple of guitars, trying to make some progress by Thursday. I put a bridgeplate and moved the bridge on a 70's D-35 and then removed, cleaned, and reglued the bridge on a D-18 GE. Tomorrow the GE gets the back braces shaved, popsicle brace removed, a new nut, and new pickguard.

I need to get all this done because something interesting is happening Thursday. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment