Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Off To A Rocky Start

As I noted in my last entry, my youngest son is showing an interest in rock climbing.  We did a couple of large and fairly easy boulders as a warm-up and then he started bugging me to do another climb on the rocks in our NW corner.  So, the other day, we headed back there to check on the pasture and do a little climbing. 


He did 6 different climbs up this face, using just about every inch of the rock.  He did this one first, then over the little overhang to the left, then across the large crack to the right, and different routes up the front.  He's naturally  good and I saw some progress as he got used to the rock- he was switching feet and just using his hands and feet together much better.

The traditional "peak" shot
We had fun.

Next up is a picture of grass.  Just grass. This is good stuff for us ranchers.


Grass.  Green grass.
Falcon-wise, I'm just working with the prairie falcon, trying to get her into a routine of circling a bit, then catching a pigeon.  Last time out didn't go so great.  I'd fed her a bit in the morning and I think that took the edge off her appetite by the time I finally got out in the evening.  She circled us a few times but lost interest and landed on a pole.  I did get her back, though, and she did behave better on her pigeon, so I guess we made a little progress. 


1 comment:

  1. Looks like you have someone that can pull birds for the next 20 years.
    Hodge

    ReplyDelete