Monday, March 16, 2015

Northbound!

The Family Reunion finished up this morning and after the usual packing and loading, we set out for a side trip to White Sands National Monument.  The original plan was to spend the night in Alamogordo, but I was itching to get home because I have a bunch of incoming guitars to work on and so at 3 pm, we struck out across New Mexico, heading north on a 375 mile trip.  If all went well, we'd be home by 10 pm, which is late and tiring, but it's worth it to be home.  All went well and we got home right on time.

Mandolin picking at White Sands


This time, I shot 15 seconds of video every 50 miles.  Darkness caught us about 120 miles out so I couldn't get the best part of the trip- close to home!- but I did manage to catch the Union County sign in the dark.

Gonna post this up real quick and hit the sack!  This might be my shortest blog post yet.



No comments:

Post a Comment