Sunday, March 6, 2011

It Keeps You Running

We have reached an impasse with the Grizzly.  After much tinkering, testing, and trials, I've decided that the starter I pulled off the shelf may indeed be bad.  The bike will turn-over with an absolutely full battery, but only once.  If it fails to start in the first 1 second, that's it.  Click, whirrr, whiz.... I've been talking to the guys on The Grizzly Forum and they've given me some good suggestions.  Of course, I found all this out after I put the bike together again- it did need oil and coolant to run, of course.  New starter is on the way.  They're fairly easy to install once you understand exactly which pieces of plastic have to come off.  Oh, and the carburetor, too.

After fussing with the mechanical horse, I went and rode the flesh and blood horse.  I still like him.  Maybe have some pictures of me in the saddle tomorrow.

For now, it's off to church.  We have a guest missionary coming to visit and we're looking forward to seeing what he has to say.


David's a good mechanic

Putting the side case back on, just one of a thousand pieces of plastic.


Storm on the horizon


And the next morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment